Free app for meeting and chatting with people globally
The app gives you a way to meet new people and chat or send messages.
Skout Android is a fun app to use if you want to meet new people. You can use the app to meet people who are in the same city you live in or in a different country. The first thing that you want to do is to create a profile. This will include a bit of basic information that others will be able to see along with a picture if you want to publish one. If you're using Skout Android to try to find a potential date, then it's best to add a picture.
There are premium packages available that give you more options when it comes to messaging options. You can view the pictures and profiles of others who use the app, sending them a message if you're interested in talking. There is an option to save the people who you want to talk to in the future. The app is ideal for those who have a hard time meeting others or who are simply shy when it comes to meeting new people and need a simple platform.
- Meet new people
- Send messages
- Upgrade for more options
- Blocks out of nowhere
- Keyboard doesn't respond at times
Skout is the global network to meet and chat with new people and do fun things!
*Stability and speed improvements
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- SEND_SMS: Allows an application to send SMS messages.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.